SEMPRIS membership benefits are tailored to the professional practice of doctors in all specialties
SEMPRIS is the only UK Indemnity Scheme to provide doctors with comprehensive insurance for:
- Clinical negligence claims to cover costs and damages, fees and disbursements arising out of the defence or settlement of a clinical negligence claim
- Damages, claimants’ costs and / or defence costs relating to a claim brought by a sport person’s employer, club, agent, sponsor or event organiser in relation to alleged negligent treatment of a player.
- Pre-signing medical assessments undertaken directly for clubs.
- £10m standard cover for each and every claim subject to a £20m annual aggregate, far exceeding most hospital requirements, with an option to increase the limit to £20m each and every claim.
- Treatment provided when travelling overseas with teams.
The SEMPRIS insurance, underwritten at Lloyds of London, also covers payment of costs, fees, expenses and damages arising from:
- General Medical inquiries
- Disciplinary inquiries
- Inquests and fatal accident inquiries
- Criminal investigations arising out of professional practice
- Breach of professional confidentiality and Data Protection Act
- Loss of documents
- Public Liability
- Good Samaritan Acts
And also provides:
24/7 expert medico-legal advice on all aspects of professional practice, handling complaints and gives direct access to specialist clinical expertise.