What is covered (subject to policy terms and conditions)?
• Compensation, damages, redress, interest or legal costs you are legally liable to pay in respect of a Cyber Event.
• Network Costs and Expenses and Loss of Business Income arising directly from a Cyber Event which occurs on Your Computer Network.
• Crisis Management Costs, Support and Credit Monitoring Expenses and Customer Notification Expenses arising from an actual or suspected Breach of Security, Breach of Privacy, or breach of Privacy Regulations.
• Any civil penalty or civil fine which You are legally obliged to pay as a result of an investigation into or action against You taken by governmental or quasi-governmental body or regulator arising from an actual or suspected Breach of Security, Breach of Privacy, or breach of Privacy Regulations.
• Money paid in response to a Network Extortion Threat with the intention of ending the Network Extortion Threat.
• Any compensation, damages, redress, interest or legal costs you are legally liable to pay, where content published on your website for which you are solely responsible directly results in allegations of defamation, libel or slander; plagiarism, piracy or other breach of intellectual property rights; infringement of copyright, domain name, title, slogan or trademark; allegations that liability arises from the publication or release of advertising content on your website.
• Any compensation, damages, redress, interest, legal costs, civil penalty or civil fine which you are legally obliged to pay under the terms of a payment card Merchant Services Agreement, arising out of your breach of payment card industry data security standards that are published and generally accepted in the UK.
Key/Unusual Exclusions, specific to this Section:
• Losses arising from the failure to adequately maintain your hardware or network or the wear and tear, drop in performance, progressive or gradual deterioration or aging of electronic equipment and other property or hardware.
• You will not be indemnified for losses arising from satellite failures, electrical disturbance, electrical spike, brownout or blackout, outages to electricity, gas, water, telephone, cable telecommunications, gradual deterioration of transmission or distribution lines for electricity or telecommunications, unless such infrastructure is under Your control and unless it forms part of a Cyber Event.
• You will not be indemnified for losses or matters arising from the loss or theft of any Portable Media Device if that Portable Media Device was not encrypted
Please click here to log into the online system to access the full policy wording (Cyber Liability Wording) saved on your profile under My Policies: